The Adelaide Crows Sports Development Program is delivered in partnership with the Adelaide Crows Football Club and provides students in Years 11 and 12 with the opportunity to complete their SACE studies within sport and community settings.
For prospective students, this is a chance to gain educational and industry qualifications while gaining a first-hand understanding of the sports industry through involvement with the Adelaide Crows.
As part of the Adelaide Crows Sports Development Program, students will have the opportunity to learn from staff within the organisation and are involved with industry programs, major events, practical placement and other industry experiences. Students have the opportunity to be involved in a range of participation programs and events including:
- Work placements and volunteer opportunities
- Accessing high performance environments
- Match day activations and events
- AFL Club match day activities
- Coaching across many different settings – Auskick, schools, multicultural and all abilities activities
- Activities and events – fan development, family days and community events
- Meeting and engaging with AFL players and coaches
- Level 1 Coaching and AFL Basic Umpiring Course, delivered by the industry
About SEDA College
SEDA College brings a new and exciting model of learning to senior secondary students in SA. The College provides an exciting and positive alternative by offering a SACE course designed to engage students with their learning and empower their personal growth and success during and beyond school.
SEDA College delivers the SACE curriculum using an applied learning pedagogy; which means hands-on learning happens both inside and outside of the classroom. Through this applied learning model, students have a deeper connection to their education resulting in enhanced engagement levels.
WHY CHOOSE SEDA AND THE ADELIADE CROWS SPORTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
- Tailored career plans for individual students– developing individual career goals for students and providing pathway opportunities to employment or further study
- Unique industry opportunities– education that takes place in industry with networking and workplace opportunities with leading sporting and community partners
- Education for life beyond school– working to develop personal and career skills essential for life beyond the classroom including leadership, integrity, resilience and critical thinking.
- Hands-on learning environment– application of theoretical classroom learning into practical learning activities, tailored to meet individual needs
A selection process will be conducted by SEDA College staff for prospective students to be accepted in the program; however, selection is not dependent on sports skill or ability.
To find out more information about SEDA College and the Adelaide Crows Sports Development Program, please visit www.seda.sa.edu.au, phone 1300 117 332 or email email@example.com
Find out more at an information session or open day