Adelaide is investigating a possible breach of the AFL’s training protocols by its players who are currently in a quarantine training hub in the Barossa Valley.
The League, as well as South Australia Police, had been advised that players who had returned from interstate on Monday would move into the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort to observe the requirement to self-isolate.
As of yesterday, the 16 players have been staying in their own dedicated rooms with a view to completing tailored fitness programs in the large open spaces of the precinct with instruction to not leave its boundaries.
Given their recent travel movements, the players are required to spend 14-days in isolation due to South Australia’s COVID-19 regulations and no other guests are currently staying at the accommodation facility because it is temporarily closed to the public.
Crows Head of Football Adam Kelly said the Club had become aware that players, who are being accompanied by an assistant coach who is also serving a mandatory self-isolation period, may have breached the League’s directive to only train in pairs during a scheduled session this afternoon.
“Players were told to complete any training in accordance with current AFL training protocols, which include not training in more than pairs and at all times maintaining social distancing, while staying at the facility,” Kelly said.
“It appears this may not have happened for the entirety of a skills session and we are in the process of gathering the facts and liaising with the AFL.”
The Club will provide a further update as soon as possible.