You’ve heard that Lachlan Gollant was taken by the Crows with pick No. 48 in the AFL Draft, but how much do you really know about him?
Here are 10 facts about the 18-year-old:
1. Gollant is the great nephew of Vic Lawrence, who captained North Melbourne in 1955. He had other uncles also make the Roos’ list
2. Crows defender Lachlan Sholl is one of his best mates, the two started playing footy together in Under 9’s at St Bernards and their families are also close friend
3. He is an intelligent guy and is hoping to receive an ATAR score in the 90s. In the next few years, he’s planning on starting a commerce degree
4. Gollant only joined the Calder Cannons program halfway through the year and he played just six games for them prior to being drafted
5. He won a flag in the final year of school footy, winning the Associated Grammar Schools of Victoria First XVIII Football Grand Final with PEGS.
View this post on Instagram
6. Despite his height at 191cm, Gollant plays as an outside mid and is good overhead as well as at ground level
7. He idolised Malcolm Blight growing up, especially after reading his biography
8. Gollant loves to wear a long sleeve guernsey
9. He’s currently living with Lachlan Murphy, Elliott Himmelberg and Myles Poholke
10. One of his mates at school used to wear number 44 on his guernsey and would say ’44, shut the door’, so that’s why Gollant picked that number