The Crows will remain in South Australia in the lead-up to AFL’s return on June 11 after some training restrictions were lifted on Tuesday afternoon.
Exemptions were provided to both Adelaide and Port Adelaide by Police Commissioner Grant Stevens, allowing full squad training sessions, including tackling, contact and match simulation.
The two South Australian clubs were due to relocate to the Gold Coast on Sunday to allow for contact training from May 25, which was previously banned in the State.
Crows chief executive Andrew Fagan said the news was encouraging for the Club who could now turn their full attention to preparing for Round Two.
“Really positive news for the Club and particularly our playing group, coaches and football staff,” Fagan said.
“They now have the peace of mind they can stay at home and conduct full contact training, starting from Monday - like other AFL teams across the country.
“It will allow us to maximise our preparation in the lead-up to the restart of the season and obviously in some instances limit the time our people are away from loved ones.
“We appreciate the support of the State Government, South Australia Police and relevant health authorities, and commend them on their efforts in limiting the spread of COVID-19 in this State.”
The Crows and Power will now depart for Queensland at a later date to be confirmed, with an initial block of AFL fixtures to be released in the coming days.